Just about anybody can use laser hair removal to get rid of unwanted hair on the face and body!
With today’s advanced laser hair removal techniques, it’s time to say goodbye to shaving, waxing, and other painful hair removal procedures.
Keep reading and find out more about laser hair removal!
Laser Hair Removal
As its name implies, a laser hair removal treatment uses laser light technology. The laser device used emits light pulses, which are then absorbed by the roots of the hair follicles in the treated area.
You should be able to see significant hair reduction after a full series of treatments, but follow-up treatments are necessary to prevent regrowth and maintain your results. (The growing hair follicles are destroyed with each treatment, thus reducing the chances of regrowth.)
Laser hair removal can be used on various parts of the body, such as:
- Upper Lip
- Bikini Area
Who is an Ideal Candidate for Laser Hair Removal?
During your initial consultation, your provider will determine if you are a candidate for laser hair removal.
At Uplift Aesthetics, our laser is safe and effective for all skin types and tones. Laser hair removal is more easily effective on people with light skin and dark hair. The contrast makes it easier for the laser to identify and target the pigment in the hair follicles, thus leading to optimal results.
Preparing for Your Laser Hair Removal Treatment
Here are some of the things that you can do to make the most out of your laser hair removal session:
- Avoid plucking or tweezing for 4 weeks before and after your laser session.
- Limit UV exposure two weeks before your treatment because it will be harder for the laser to track the melanin in the hair follicle if you come in with darker skin (i.e., a tan).
- Do not use sunless tanning agents on the area you’d like treated.
- Steer clear of treating the area/s of concern with skincare products containing active ingredients to prevent the risk of irritation.
What to Expect During Your Treatment
The amount of time your treatment will take will depend on how large of an area we are treating. Here’s what to expect during the procedure:
Your provider will determine the best laser settings for your hair and skin type.
You’ll wear eye protection goggles or shades and your provider will apply ultrasound gel to your skin to help the laser glide and to penetrate better.
A spot test will be conducted to check for any adverse reactions to the procedure.
The treatment will begin, and people describe the feeling of the laser anywhere between not feeling anything at all, and rubber band snapping against your skin, but you shouldn’t feel a lot of pain or discomfort.
If you want to avoid complications and enjoy optimal results, you should apply these aftercare tips for a smoother recovery:
- Avoid excessive UV exposure and apply sunscreen with at least SPF 30 if you need to go outside the house.
- Do not wax for 4 weeks after laser treatment.
- Avoid perfume, deodorant, extremely hot showers, and saunas for a few days post treatment to avoid irritating the sensitive skin on the treated area.
Want to experience smooth, hair-free skin all year-round? Try laser hair removal!
At Uplift Aesthetics, our expert providers have helped countless clients in Oakdale, MN,and get the best possible results in the safest way possible. Call now and schedule an appointment with us!