Facial expressions show the way you feel on the inside, however, certain facial movements like frowning and smiling can lead to fine lines and wrinkles.
Fortunately, you don’t need to go under the knife just to maintain your youthful appearance because Botox® can fight the signs of aging by softening the look of dynamic wrinkles.
Are you a newbie when it comes to Botox®? Then keep reading to learn more!
What Botox® Can Do
Botulinum toxin, also known as Botox®, is a toxin produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum. This substance inhibits the neurotransmitter acetylcholine, resulting in muscle paralysis that minimizes the resulting wrinkles.
Botox® is safe and effective, and aside from softening the look of wrinkles, it can also be used to treat certain medical conditions
Your Guide to Getting Botox®
As a patient, you want to get the best results with Botox® and here are a few pointers that can help you achieve that goal:
- Select a trusted provider. Botox® is the most popular injectable in the United States, paving the way for the establishment of hundreds of practices that offer it, so you have to be very careful when choosing an injector. Make sure to look for a medical professional who is certified in aesthetic injectables.
You can visit the social media pages or websites of the practices closest to you to check the following:
– If their expertise is sufficient to meet your desired aesthetic goals
– Promising before and after photos of their patients.
- Be transparent with your provider. After your selection process, your provider will assess your medical history and your needs so they can design a treatment plan that’s tailored just for you.
However, it’s important to be realistic about your expectations too, and your provider should set the record straight about what Botox® can (and cannot) achieve.
- Follow the proper aftercare. If you want to get (and maintain) the best results, you have to follow your provider’s aftercare instructions very carefully, such as avoiding strenuous exercise and alcohol for 48 hours after your treatment.
When Can You Start Receiving Botox®?
It varies, but it’s best to begin getting Botox® when you start to notice wrinkles and fine lines forming. Skin cell turnover and collagen production slow down as you get older, especially in your 30’s.
On the other hand, individuals in their twenties should take care of their skin by pursuing a healthy lifestyle and avoiding excessive sun exposure. It should also be noted that there are people who age faster than others and may need Botox® at an earlier age as a preventative measure.
Taking the Next Step
Cosmetic products like foundation and concealer can enhance your appearance, but they cannot hide severe facial wrinkles, which Botox can address.
Our qualified providers here at Uplift Aesthetics, Oakdale, MN have helped countless patients of varying ages fight the signs of aging using Botox® so that they can feel and look their best all the time.
Call now and schedule your appointment with us!