IPL With Lumecca™
Excess sun exposure and harsh environmental factors can be tough on the skin and lead to sun spots, age spots, hyperpigmentation, redness, and so on.
Many topical products claim to address such concerns, but it may take years to produce a significant effect (if at all). However, advanced skin resurfacing and rejuvenation treatments such as Lumecca™ have made it possible to treat and reduce sun damage and pigmentation problems on your skin.
Read on to learn more about Lumecca™.
What Is Lumecca™ IPL?
Lumecca™ is a trademarked product by InMode that uses intense pulsed light or (IPL) to heal sun-damaged skin and rejuvenate it from within.
It can be used on various parts of the body, including the neck, face, décolletage, and hands for treating conditions like:
- Age spots;
- Port wine stains (i.e., birthmarks that appear red due to swollen blood vessels);
- Spider veins (i.e., red lines that appear on your skin due to widened or broken blood vessels);
- Vascular lesions.
Benefits Of Lumecca™
Lumecca™ offers multiple benefits, such as:
- It is non-invasive, virtually painless, and requires no downtime at all.
- Lumecca™ is FDA-cleared to address skin problems on multiple high-exposure areas such as hands, face, and neck.
- The procedure is quick and can be completed in less than 30 minutes.
- Lumecca™ IPL comes with a cooling tip that keeps the treated area at a controlled temperature to reduce discomfort.
- It requires a lesser duration and frequency to produce noticeable results.
- There are no serious side effects.
What Happens During The Treatment?
Since the procedure involves the use of high-energy light waves, it is best to choose a well-trained provider to ensure maximum safety. They will start off by making you wear protective goggles and applying a topical numbing agent to minimize any discomfort.
Next, the Lumecca™ handpiece will be moved across the target areas delivering calibrated high-intensity light waves (aka IPL) that pulse through the skin to heat up and destroy the zap away the target spots. Once completely destroyed, these pigmented spots will darken in color and then flake off/slough off the skin in a few days.
Target spots can be categorized into two types:
- Lesions in the blood vessel that are red in color (oxyhemoglobin)
Pigmented lesions in the skin that are brown in color (melanin)
- Lumecca™ IPL can also promote the natural collagen production in your skin, a substance which makes your skin look younger and firmer from within.
Is It Painful?
Lumecca™ treatments are usually painless. However, some people might experience slight discomfort that can be addressed with a topical anesthetic if needed. In addition, the Lumecca™ handpiece also has a regulating sapphire cooling tip for maximum comfort during the treatment.
What To Expect After The Treatment
Some people might experience mild redness, swelling and sensitivity in the treated area however, it’s totally normal and these symptoms usually subside within a day or two.
At this time, it’s best to avoid:
Direct sun exposure (if unavoidable, apply sunscreen with a minimum of SPF 30).
Rubbing or exfoliating the treated area.
Applying any retinol products for at least a week post-treatment.
Unlike other rejuvenation treatments, Lumecca™ IPL can help some people achieve noticeable results within 1-2 sessions, however, we recommend a minimum of 3 sessions for best results. Similiarly, unlike other treatments, results can last longer if you follow a proper skincare routine and schedule regular follow-up appointments if needed.
Lumecca™ by InMode can effectively reduce the appearance of age spots, pigmentation issues, and even vascular lesions making your skin look younger, fresher, and more radiant.
At Uplift Aesthetics, Woodbury, MN, our team of certified professionals performs each step with care and precision so you get the best experience possible.
Give us a call now and book your appointment!