Have you been feeling low, fatigued, and anxious lately? Chances are your body might not be getting enough Vitamin B12.
What Is Vitamin B12 Injection?
Vitamin B12 or ‘cobalamin’ is an essential nutrient required to keep your body in optimal function and health.
Although the recommended dietary intake or RDI of Vitamin B12 is between 2.4mcg to 2.8mcg for adults, unhealthy diets can lead to a deficiency.
Signs And Symptoms Of Vitamin B12 Deficiency
Despite being abundant in food, a vitamin B12 deficiency or insufficiency is actually pretty common. This can be due to a number of factors, for example:
- Eating too much processed or ultra-processed foods
- A strict vegetarian diet
- The physical inability to absorb Vitamin B12 from the food you eat
- Certain medical conditions or medications
No matter the cause, a Vitamin B12 deficiency can result in one or more of the following symptoms:
- Chronic weakness and fatigue
- Jaundice (a liver disease resulting in pale or yellow-looking skin)
- Low mood and irritability
- Anxiety attacks
- Headaches and migraines
- Gastrointestinal issues such as nausea, diarrhea, or constipation
- Poor concentration and focus
What Are Good Sources Of Vitamin B12?
Despite being crucial for your body’s health and functions, your body is unable to synthesize Vitamin B12 on its own. Therefore, eating a healthy balanced diet and/or taking B12 supplements are important to keep your B12 stores replenished.
Most animal-based foods are a great source of Vitamin B12. These include fish, beef liver, clams, milk, eggs, etc. Conversely, plants are not a good source of B12, and therefore, only fortified plant-based food or certain types of nutritional yeasts have Vitamin B12 in them.
Unfortunately, most of us are guilty of relying on processed foods that might not have enough vitamin B12 to meet our daily needs.
Taking B12 shots in this case can also help treat a vitamin B12 nutritional deficiency as well as improve your overall health and well-being.
How Can B12 Shots Help You Unlock Your Maximum Potential?
Intramuscular Vitamin B12 shots are administered directly into your muscle to ensure maximum absorption of the vitamin. Once completely absorbed, it can provide a wide range of physical, mental, and overall health benefits, such as:
- Helps speed up your metabolism and allows your body to convert your food into fuel
- Strengthens your immune system
- Aids in the weight loss process
- Uplifts your mood
- Keeps depression and anxiety at bay
- Relieves insomnia and helps improve your sleep cycles
- Increases your focus, concentration, and alertness
- Increases energy levels
- Helps with hair growth or stops hair loss
- Optimizes your brain function
- Prevents certain health conditions such as shortness of breath, dementia, anemia, loss of appetite, etc.
- Produces healthy red blood cells
Getting a Vitamin B12 shot is a quick treatment that can be completed in under 5 minutes. Once injected, it can help unlock your body’s maximum potential and give you a sense of overall health and well-being.
So, if you’re looking for a way to support your health and Uplift your complete wellness, book a consultation with us today.