Did you know that repeated facial expressions such as frowning, squinting, and laughing can also cause facial wrinkles known as dynamic wrinkles?
The lines that appear on the outer corner of your eyes when you smile (crow’s feet), frown lines that appear between your brows when you squint, as well as the horizontal lines on your forehead, are all common examples of dynamic wrinkles.
Such wrinkles are inevitable yet treatable with FDA-approved wrinkle relaxers such as Jeuveau®.
What Is Jeuveau®?
Jeuveau® is a trademarked botulinum toxin product manufactured by Evolus. It was approved by the FDA in 2019 to treat and reduce the appearance of moderate to severe frown lines (aka glabellar lines, or ‘11’ lines).
Like other neurotoxins, Jeuveau® works by temporarily paralyzing and relaxing the underlying muscles, giving you a smoother and more relaxed appearance.
What Makes You A Good Candidate?
Jeuveau® may be a good option for those who want to address the look of mild to moderate frown lines. An ideal candidate is anyone who is:
- 18 years or older;
- Looking for a relatively quick and non-surgical option to soften the look of dynamic wrinkles on their face;
- In good physical shape, without any muscular disorders such as myasthenia gravis.
- Free of any active infection at the site of injection.
What Can You Expect From The Procedure?
The procedure is simple, virtually painless, and involves injecting a small amount of the toxin into the area of concern using very fine needles.
The whole procedure can be completed in less than an hour and you can go back to your daily routine right after.
What Are Some Of The Benefits Of Getting Jeuveau®?
Here are some of the things that Jeuveau® can do for your skin:
- Besides softening the look of already formed wrinkles, it can prevent new wrinkles from appearing.
- The procedure is non-invasive and requires little to no downtime at all.
- It is safe and effective for all skin types.
- In case you’re not happy with the results, the effects of Jeuveau® are not permanent and can wear off within 3 to 4 months.
How Soon Can I Expect Results?
The initial improvements from Jeuveau® injections can appear in as little as 2 days. However, it might take up to a week for the full results to appear.
Afterward, the results can last up to 4 months, which is usually around the time you’ll need to schedule a follow-up appointment.
Is It Safe?
Yes, provided you get Jeuveau® injections from a board-certified and well-trained injector.
Since the procedure is technique sensitive (i.e., injecting the right amount of right tox in the right locations), it is important that you go to a well-trained and professional injector, such as Andrea Ueland at Uplift Aesthetics, Oakland, MN. She has developed a customized wrinkle relaxing treatment plan best suited for the unique goals and concerns of countless patients and can do the same for you.
Book a consultation now to get yours.